Welcome to OuterMonVolia! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Could the Mocs collapse at season end hurt DB

went to their game last night against Mercer and looked like they have completely mailed it in. McCall had 5 seniors returning on an NCAA team last year and they were the odds on fav to win the Southern Conference. Heard one of their assts talk before the season and he said they had 3 seniors who graduated and could have transferred to Power 5 conferences but wanted to stay at UTC. Of course they could still win the Tourney but dont see them beating ETSU among others.

Considering DB didnt hire Huessman and kind of fell into the Jim Foster deal and McCall is sinking his only home run hire was Will Wade now at VCU. I still would support him as our new AD but dont have any problem with Big Bev looking at others(as long as it is not Flummo)

Way to early to say McCall isn't a great hire.
    Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Interesting thought. Though it's hard to forget how UTC played Alabama their 4th toughest game of year in football and the overall direction of UTC sports since he's took over. I tell you what though, I'm not in a good men's basketball mood right now and a team going in the tank down the stretch is a big reason why.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/34609655...one-for-season

McCall has let the team become a festering abscess of turmoil. Racial issues; team blackballing a white player for standing at attention for National Anthem and McCall letting it happen. UTC does not even appear on the court for home anthem--they're in the locker room. One the road, many were kneeling early in the season. Now they shuffle around, stare at the ground, lock arms.

They came into the season with the most talent and experience in the conference. Will limp into conference tourney no better than fourth place. They've been getting their asses kicked lately and now they lose two starters.....one (starting PG) for breaking his hand hitting a door or wall, the other (pre-season SoCon POY) for refusing to put on his jersey and join the team for the second half of Mercer game.

Quote Originally Posted by sangle wang View Post

McCall has let the team become a festering abscess of turmoil. Racial issues; team blackballing a white player for standing at attention for National Anthem and McCall letting it happen. UTC does not even appear on the court for home anthem--they're in the locker room. One the road, many were kneeling early in the season. Now they shuffle around, stare at the ground, lock arms.

They came into the season with the most talent and experience in the conference. Will limp into conference tourney no better than fourth place. They've been getting their asses kicked lately and now they lose two starters.....one (starting PG) for breaking his hand hitting a door or wall, the other (pre-season SoCon POY) for refusing to put on his jersey and join the team for the second half of Mercer game.
    Damn!

If I were the AD I'd tell the coach to make sure their asses were out there standing at attention during the anthem and if he had to fire them all and play intramural guys then do it, I'd have his back.

Someone should have a sit down with those guys and address their grievances, and explain the difference between 2017 and 1917. Or even 1817. Instead everyone caves because of PC horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by sangle wang View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tnphil View Post
    Damn!
    no shit

if that is even remotely close to the truth .. the HC should have been fired for not culling the little shits on the team and then the little shits on the team should be culled from their scholarship and told to pound sand (taking a knee there is optional)

i get we don't know the full story .. but you'd definitely hope that Blackburn would have handled this situation better

entitled student athletes running your program and dictating what the will and won't do is a sure fire recipe for disaster ...

I will be with David, Andrea and their daughter Charly later this week at the Southern Conference tourney. We are due to eat together Friday. An interesting tid bit, Brad Bates has already resigned from BC and is just staying until a replacement is found. Brad is a good guy and is a close friend with Jim Foster stemming back to their Vanderbilt days.

Quote Originally Posted by Brwnwhsky View Post
    An interesting tid bit, Brad Bates has already resigned from BC and is just staying until a replacement is found. Brad is a good guy and is a close friend with Jim Foster stemming back to their Vanderbilt days.
    Rumor is BC was not going to renew Bates' contract.

Yes, I read that. He was very personable with me but probably due to Jim Foster being there. Of course, sitting on the deck on a great day with an even greater bourbon does sway perspectives towards the positive !

Just talked to my friend whose name is on a building. He was in town last week and confirmed it probably won't be Flummo or DB. Said Bubba was the leader until withdrawing. He went to both the men's and women's games and said Thunder was pimping Fulmer to the high rollers in the hospitality room underneath TB. His name is on a bldg but he is as anti Flummo as we are. Said probably the 15th would be announcement date.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ooltewahvol View Post
    Just talked to my friend whose name is on a building. He was in town last week and confirmed it probably won't be Flummo or DB. Said Bubba was the leader until withdrawing. He went to both the men's and women's games and said Thunder was pimping Fulmer to the high rollers in the hospitality room underneath TB. His name is on a bldg but he is as anti Flummo as we are. Said probably the 15th would be announcement date.

Did he explain how Bubba could even be considered, much less the leader? Also, what is his take on Davenport's involvement? Is she really insisting on making the pick herself or is she merely allowing herself to be used as the figurehead in some sort of farce?

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballVol View Post
    Did he explain how Bubba could even be considered, much less the leader? Also, what is his take on Davenport's involvement? Is she really insisting on making the pick herself or is she merely allowing herself to be used as the figurehead in some sort of farce?
    Didn't day

OOOOTAAAAY
    Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

Quote Originally Posted by clintonaldo View Post
    OOOOTAAAAY
    lol