Welcome to OuterMonVolia! Is this your first visit?
Register

Default 98 Syracuse game played under a bomb threat

according to Lee Dyer, one of the officials on sevendecades ESPN show today.

Some typical govt union worker thug called in the threat because of a union action.

Interference call was correct..

confirmed by Bobby Gaston, Roy Kramer AND the Big East Commissioner.

As hot as it was in that building that day a bomb could have exploded and most of us would have never known. I think I sucked down more liquid that day than any one day in my life. It was like an oven in there.

I always found it rather ironic that a building named after the Carrier Corporation has no air conditioning.
    Last edited by IncognitoDad; March 4th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.

Four Americans involved in a sex scandal, Obama holds a press conference.

Four Americans killed in a terrorist attack in Benghazi, Obama goes to Vegas.

Priorities.

Blog Entries

I cramped up in there going to take a wiz
    TIG, Lane never put it there before. Thanks for a great night, Layla

Quote Originally Posted by tebowisgay View Post
    I cramped up in there going to take a wiz
    I sweated so much that day that in spite of how much liquid I drank I don't think I ever had to take a whiz.

Priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoDad View Post
    I sweated so much that day that in spite of how much liquid I drank I don't think I ever had to take a whiz.
    I don't think I pissed for a week after that hot UCLA game several years back that killed Smokey. I know I couldn't see after the 3rd quarter.

[QUOTE=IncognitoDad;313372]As hot as it was in that building that day a bomb could have exploded and most of us would have never known. I think I sucked down more liquid that day than any one day in my life. It was like an oven in there.

I always found it rather ironic that a building nconditioning.[/amed after the Carrier Corporation has no air QUOTE]

LOL about the Carrier Dome. I always wondered about that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversetvol View Post

Also confirmed by egbert. It was indeed Interference.

[QUOTE=rocketcityvol;313518]
    Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoDad View Post
    As hot as it was in that building that day a bomb could have exploded and most of us would have never known. I think I sucked down more liquid that day than any one day in my life. It was like an oven in there.

I always found it rather ironic that a building nconditioning.[/amed after the Carrier Corporation has no air QUOTE]

LOL about the Carrier Dome. I always wondered about that myself.
    That blew me away. It was definitely one of the hottest football games i ever attended. I never heard anything about the bomb threat. The UCLA game mentioned in Knoxville and "96" UCLA game at Pasadena. A poor little UCLA coed passed out and was laid out on the ground while her boy friend fanned her. She was so poor, she could not afford panties and only a real short skirt. After a whiel her BF noticed she had drawn quite a male audience and covered her with his shirt. My wife hit me, but it was worth it.

It was indeed correct, but it was a bang/bang play and was flagged late by an official who really was in no position to tell whether it was interference or not (the back judge as I recall). We were fortunate to get the call under those circumstances, but it was the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversetvol View Post

Not buying that weak sauce. Terrible call that kept us alive. I think it was 4th down wasn't it? But if the same guys that had
    Al Matthews back in the Florida game said it so then....
    Last edited by leonsking; March 6th, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
    Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.
    Kenny Powers

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by leonsking View Post
    Not buying that weak sauce. Terrible call that kept us alive. I think it was 4th down wasn't it? But if the same guys that had
    Al Matthews back in the Florida game said it so then....
    Terrible Call?? WTF??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPwGx1a2th0

Go to 1:13:00. You can see for yourself he hit Wilson in the back before the ball got there. Obvious pass interference.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeble View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPwGx1a2th0

Go to 1:13:00. You can see for yourself he hit Wilson in the back before the ball got there. Obvious pass interference.
    Yep. While it's rare to actually get that call on the road in a "game deciding" situation, that was about as clearly a legit pass interference infraction as one will see.

Priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironvol View Post
    Terrible Call?? WTF??
    We were very lucky, but the right call was made. Tee Martin was ice cold and couldn't hardly complete a pass in the 2nd half, although he did make a big 40-50 yd run. Meanwhile Jamaul Lewis was untouchable by the Syracuse defense. Despite that, we wanted a Tee Martin air raid. Finally the coaches got smart after the PI call and started riding Lewis into FG range. The 2nd half of that game was the worst play calling I've ever seen by a TN staff.