Welcome to OuterMonVolia! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reggie Harper passed away

was in Johnny's first recruiting class in 77 and lettered 4 years as a tight end.

Remember him well. He was a good solid player. Sad to hear.

Good ballplayer. Wish we had another just like him as our second TE this year.

Wow. He is my age. That's way too young to die.

Any details?

Four Americans involved in a sex scandal, Obama holds a press conference.

Four Americans killed in a terrorist attack in Benghazi, Obama goes to Vegas.

Priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by RynoVol View Post
    Good ballplayer. Wish we had another just like him as our second TE this year.
    Come on. Harper was way better than Rivera. He's our all time leading receiver at TE despite having an injury shortened senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by gatewayghost View Post
    Come on. Harper was way better than Rivera. He's our all time leading receiver at TE despite having an injury shortened senior year.
    I just want another one like him, second or first. Don't matter to me.

On Orange and White day the next year (78 I guess) I took my little sheet up to him and he started signing the name above his, realized what he was doing, marked it out and wrote his name. I was a little kid, so I didn't really realize what had happened, but my dad thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. He showed that piece of cardboard to all his buddies and laughed about it. RIP Reggie... I never thought it was funny.

RIP Reggie....Saw him play a many of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnphil View Post
    RIP Reggie....Saw him play a many of games.
    Yep. Really good tight end, and by all accounts as good human being.

Four Americans involved in a sex scandal, Obama holds a press conference.

Four Americans killed in a terrorist attack in Benghazi, Obama goes to Vegas.

Priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by gatewayghost View Post
    I agree ghost. Harper is better than anybody we have has shown so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversetvol View Post
    was in Johnny's first recruiting class in 77 and lettered 4 years as a tight end.
    Reggie, along with Streater, was among my favorite Vols from that era. We had sucked so much and I attached more to the individual players since the team was usually awful. I remember the '79 team making the Astro-Blubonnet Bowl and it was like the National Championship game to me.

Link to KNS article

Same age here as well Incognito. The article on Govolsxtra qoutes his team mate, Clark Duncan. Clark was my neighbor and classmate.

Reggie was a studball TE...but will never forget his flaming out at the 20 yard line in the swamp in 79...might have won that game for us. Great player. Lots of Vols from that era have passed at a young age...Galbreath, Streater, Daryle Smith, Gary Moore, ....
    "God couldn't block him. It is what it is". Richie Rich Petibon, after being prison raped by KMac.
    "When the OL ends up sitting on the QB, it's kind of hard to say he won". KMac when asked
    about Petibon thinking he won one of the three match ups with McKenzie.

Quote Originally Posted by BrassVols View Post
    Reggie was a studball TE...but will never forget his flaming out at the 20 yard line in the swamp in 79...might have won that game for us. Great player. Lots of Vols from that era have passed at a young age...Galbreath, Streater, Daryle Smith, Gary Moore, ....
    Perhaps I misread your quotes. But if you are lamenting his "flaming out"....in a game......those comments would be
    pathetic after he just died.
    Iv

Quote Originally Posted by BrassVols View Post
    Do you mean running out of gas on a long run after catch? I don't remember that play but ironicly in the 85' game at the swamp, tight end Jeff Smith caught a pass at the Florida 20 with no one around and would have scored easily but fell down. We maybe could have won that game otherwise.

To talk about a good Harper play. I'll never forget his one handed TD catch at Auburn in 1980. That was one of the most beautiful catches I've seen by a Vol. It was also a memorable game as we crushed them 42-0 surviving raining oranges from the Auburn fans all day.