Welcome to OuterMonVolia! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default It's irrational exuberance time in Tennessee...

Every year, around the middle of August, I get so wound up in reports from fall practice and anticipation that the season will start soon, that suddenly I lose all rational thought.

And I am absolutely forced to predict that the Vols will go undefeated this year and win the National Championship.

14 - 0 baby, including the first +1 game.

It's our destiny, we won the first BCS MNC as well.

I get that way too. A month ago I decided I would be VERY happy 8-4 this year. Now I am up to 10-2.

Quote Originally Posted by sgvolfan View Post
    I get that way too. A month ago I decided I would be VERY happy 8-4 this year. Now I am up to 10-2.
    I think we go 14-0 but we give up zero points, we average scoring 50 per game ourselves, and when we play LSU in the SECCG we deliberately set ourselves up for 3rd-and-longs on every possession and then score on the next play, just to rub it into Taco Chavis. Also, the band during home games spells out "Phildo Sucks" on the field and at a special halftime ceremony Boob KenDoll, Glock12, and the other 3 or 4 Felchers still in existence are publicly neutered with "Genuine Poulan Weedwhackers" as part of the ceremony to welcome the newest sponsor of UT football.

14-0, un scored upon, National championship Game vs USC Kiffins, 65-0

Blog Entries

Default Coachspeak

I'm going to take 'em one at a time hoping for some of the luck of '98 to rub off on this team and it's long suffering fans.
    "Countless times you have written that it can't be done at UT in this day and age and then you have the gall to complain when we lose. If it can't be done then why do you spend so much time complaining about the inevitable?" -Landrum to Rantlanta and courtesy of Addicof

"I don't live at the edge of the world, but I can see it from here", NC

Quote Originally Posted by Polemicvol View Post
    Every year, around the middle of August, I get so wound up in reports from fall practice and anticipation that the season will start soon, that suddenly I lose all rational thought.

And I am absolutely forced to predict that the Vols will go undefeated this year and win the National Championship.

I thought the +1 game starts in the 2014 season.

I too am unrealistic, but heres my new slogan: 14-0 with the beer bottle throw(er). Granted, it is a work in progress and will need tweaking before I write it on my chest.

I'll say it again because I think it'll throw a lot of people for a loop this year. If I understand correctly, the 4 team BCS playoff does not start until the end of the 2014 season. So, this year and next will be the same old BCS formula with 13 (not 14) games maximum per season. Please, someone let me know if I've misunderstood.

Pole, you're not alone. This is freakin awesome:
    http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2012/8/9...he-2012-season

I think we only lose 1 regular season game. May be undefeated. I put 200 on each: national champs, sec champs, over wins.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonVol View Post
    I think we only lose 1 regular season game. May be undefeated. I put 200 on each: national champs, sec champs, over wins.
    Did you get the 6.5 number on the over wins? If so, that's a lock. Bet you got some pretty damn good odds on the other two bets!

Quote Originally Posted by wagee12 View Post
    Did you get the 6.5 number on the over wins? If so, that's a lock. Bet you got some pretty damn good odds on the other two bets!
    Nope. 7.5 with a local guy. I win over 40k if everything hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Polemicvol View Post

7-5 ....maybe 8-4 ....but we will be fun to watch and will win a Big Game this year.

"Come take it"

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKVOL View Post
    7-5 ....maybe 8-4 ....but we will be fun to watch and will win a Big Game this year.
    I've said all year 7-5 most likely and 8-4 on the high-end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnphil View Post
    I've said all year 7-5 most likely and 8-4 on the high-end.
    comeon now...get irrational..