Welcome to OuterMonVolia! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does anyone remember Country Club Malt Liquor

in the small cans? We use to drink a lot of that when I was a teenager. Wasn't bad. Schlitz Malt Liquor on the other hand really sucked.
    Self appointed number 1 Vol Fan

You mean this?

http://home.earthlink.net/~ggghostie.../partybrew.jpg

That ad was a little before my beer-drinking time though I clearly remember the commercials along with Colt .45 and Schlitz.

Which one had Lou Rawls as a spokesman? Didn't he usually say "It's a lot to drink without drinking a lot"? I thought it was Country Club but I could be wrong...

yep I drank some Country Club back in the day....and you are right about Schlitz Malt Liquor, I got one 4-5 years back and couldn't drink it.....Bad, really really bad.

Yes. CC was the only beer I can think of that you could open a can of it and smell it about 30 feet away.

This is the can I remember.

Self appointed number 1 Vol Fan

I was partial to Mickey's Big Mouths in the small bottle. Easy chuggin'.

Quote Originally Posted by volmeister View Post
    This is the can I remember.

awh.....the days of beer cans without the pop-top....I think I had 50 bottle openers stashed everywhere....Nothing like having a cold beer and can't find a bottle opener :)

Default the little can with the big surprise

when i started drinking beer as a boy i had to buy from a bootlegger in macon county. he only carried sterling, oertles 92 and country club. not a very large nor good selection. i usually bought country club because of the 8 oz. cans. i didn't really like beer anyway and i sure didn't like any of those. i didn't have to drink as much to say i drank a beer. i was just trying to impress somebody by showing how cool i was so country club was as good as any for that foolish purpose. when i got a little older and ma baker let me in her joint at elmwood i quit the country club. never had another.

Default Phil, I believe that was called a

Quote Originally Posted by Tnphil View Post
    awh.....the days of beer cans without the pop-top....I think I had 50 bottle openers stashed everywhere....Nothing like having a cold beer and can't find a bottle opener :)
    CHURCH KEY

Quote Originally Posted by Tnphil View Post
    Oh yeah. Since most cars had metal dashes then we all had one with the magnet attached within easy reach. Speaking of Schlitz, our frat used to have parties at the Schlitz Bell in Memphis. The party room was designed like an old riverboat complete with paddle wheel. Anybody been there? Does it still exist?

Lowenbrau

Default Colt 45

I don't remember ever drinking a Country Club ML but one of the Malt Liquor's ( I think Colt 45) used to have all these "cool cat" black dudes and chicks drinking them at party's on commercials. They certainly picked their market in a racial way and went after the black market but I always was amused by their "Shaft" type ads.

Another amusing "beer" was the generic beer we sometimes bought as teenagers. Came in white cans with black letters "BEER" written across the can. Terrible stuff.

One nasty assed beer I drank once at a Cincy Reds game was, I think, called "Little Kings". Just rockgut beer. Not quite as bad but almost is the Red Stripe beer from maybe Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by volmeister View Post
    in the small cans? We use to drink a lot of that when I was a teenager. Wasn't bad. Schlitz Malt Liquor on the other hand really sucked.
    We called them "Little Hitlers"

Don't remember the stuff, but Volmeister, you gave me an idea for a new sig.