Welcome to OuterMonVolia! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Remember Taj Boyd? who chose Clemson?

    There's another Soph QB at Clemson (Kyle Parker) and he's told Dabo Sweeney that he's foregoing a Baseball offer so he can play QB at Clemson.

    Parker, a first-round pick of Colorado earlier this summer, told Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, apparently after midnight, that he will return for his sophomore season, according to the Greenville News and others.

    He has until Aug. 16 to sign with the Rockies, so all this could change, although the Rockies are reportedly considering letting him play quarterback even if he signs. USA Today says he reportedly wants a $3 million signing bonus.
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...r_says_no.html

    ...starting quarterback Kyle Parker could be playing professional baseball this Fall.

    Many Tiger fans already anticipate his departure and expect redshirt freshman Taj Boyd to fill his role. Boyd has a strong arm with better mobility than Parker, but it is unknown what he can do under pressure, and he will need help from his teammates.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...otball-preview

    So, just another soap opera to watch from over the mountains.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Remember Taj Boyd? who chose Clemson?

    Parker was the starter for most of the season last year and Boyd can't beat him out for the job. There was much knashing of teeth and wailing out loud when Lame cut Boyd loose, but the fact of the matter is, Boyd can't beat out Parker who is a much more accurate passer and decision maker.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Beautiful downtown Powell, TN
    Posts
    2,728

    Default Re: Remember Taj Boyd? who chose Clemson?

    Quote Originally Posted by wagee12 View Post
    Parker was the starter for most of the season last year and Boyd can't beat him out for the job. There was much knashing of teeth and wailing out loud when Lame cut Boyd loose, but the fact of the matter is, Boyd can't beat out Parker who is a much more accurate passer and decision maker.

    Fulmer has alluded on more than one occasion that he would have had Boyd at QB last year, had he been give another year, and that all things would be hunky dory because of it.

    I guess Fulmer didn't notice that Boyd had knee surgery last summer from an injury in high school, missed the entire season, and had to redshirt. Fulmer isn't known for being on top of things, however.

    My hatred for Kliempesin is well documented, but I really do respect Kyle Parker on this one. He had a plan and stuck to it. I hope things work out for him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Look up my ip addy, dumbshit.
    Posts
    12,800

    Default Re: Remember Taj Boyd? who chose Clemson?

    Quote Originally Posted by wagee12 View Post
    Parker was the starter for most of the season last year and Boyd can't beat him out for the job. There was much knashing of teeth and wailing out loud when Lame cut Boyd loose, but the fact of the matter is, Boyd can't beat out Parker who is a much more accurate passer and decision maker.

    Boyd is going to be a good QB...just a matter of time. I watched most of their spring game and Boyd struggled, as did the other QBs, because the defenses coverage was smothering their WRs. He did make a few very nice throws...has great zip on the ball. He also looked good breaking out of the pocket, pretty decisive and he has some decent wheels.

    All that said, I think we are better off with Simms, Bray, Nance and Worley on the way than we would be with Stephens, Boyd, and whoever else we might have been able to sign had Boyd's status scared off Bray and Simms from considering us.

    I think Nance is the one who's really going to surprise. We may not see it for a coupe of years, but he's got the arm and there's no question he has the brains.
    "God couldn't block him. It is what it is". Richie Rich Petibon, after being prison raped by KMac.
    "When the OL ends up sitting on the QB, it's kind of hard to say he won". KMac when asked
    about Petibon thinking he won one of the three match ups with McKenzie.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Remember Taj Boyd? who chose Clemson?

    No doubt that Kiffin did some good things here and that was one of them.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Remember Taj Boyd? who chose Clemson?

    You guys forgot about the other gunslinger from Texas that the Big Fisherman had committed...Bryce Petty! Too bad we never got to see him in orange.

    Remember the teeth gnashing when Kiffin cut him loose? I'm sure he's a great kid, and I'm not trying to take shots at him. But those idiots on Volshat acted like we ran off Brett Favre. Where did that kid end up anyway? Baylor?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Remember Taj Boyd? who chose Clemson?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrassVols View Post
    Boyd is going to be a good QB...just a matter of time. I watched most of their spring game and Boyd struggled, as did the other QBs, because the defenses coverage was smothering their WRs. He did make a few very nice throws...has great zip on the ball. He also looked good breaking out of the pocket, pretty decisive and he has some decent wheels.

    All that said, I think we are better off with Simms, Bray, Nance and Worley on the way than we would be with Stephens, Boyd, and whoever else we might have been able to sign had Boyd's status scared off Bray and Simms from considering us.

    I think Nance is the one who's really going to surprise. We may not see it for a coupe of years, but he's got the arm and there's no question he has the brains.
    Nance is impressive on the filmum when looking for pocket presence and ability to feel the rush and scamper away. He kinda reminds me of Andy Kelly with better feet!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Remember Taj Boyd? who chose Clemson?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckheadVol View Post
    You guys forgot about the other gunslinger from Texas that the Big Fisherman had committed...Bryce Petty! Too bad we never got to see him in orange.

    Remember the teeth gnashing when Kiffin cut him loose? I'm sure he's a great kid, and I'm not trying to take shots at him. But those idiots on Volshat acted like we ran off Brett Favre. Where did that kid end up anyway? Baylor?

    Ha, Bryce Petty! With his offer list of Portland State and University of Alaska-Juneau before Flummo gave him an offer 6 months before signing day. The VC Gang wanted Kiffin fired for yanking the scholarship of a "diamond in the rough".


 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •