Scott Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Frost

He ain’t going to make it either. I joke a lot about him but it’s surprising to me.

Chip will get the axe also.

Harbaugh isn’t great

Transitional Lens Dickhead is struggling.

Sam Pittman is elite as a first year coach.

Why is it so hard to have a good coach ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Elvis said find em young and Fred said old fashion girls are fun

It is difficult to get a good football coach because the good ones have something that you can't measure in the traditional way. Sam Pittman of Arkansas and Tom Allen of Indiana have their team motivated week after week. These teams play their asses off for their coach. Why can't some coaches that are so called football gurus get their players motivated? I don't have a point of reference to intelligently answer that question. But the word TRUST comes to mind.

Comment

$$$$$. 20 years ago you had the haves and the have nots.

If shithouse state uncovered a gem coach he was as good as gone within a season or two.

However with all the tv money now everyone in a power 5 program and many in non power 5s can afford to make competitive offers and keep their coaches. This has caused many programs to go after top assistants which causes further turnover. LSU is a prime example of this.

These huge pay increases have also attracted a much higher caliber of coaching candidates. Many guys who would’ve went into law or executive positions are now sticking with coaching after college because they don’t have to get a power 5 coaching gig to make high 6 figure income. Hell 20 years ago SEC coordinators probably made 150k a year and if you weren’t an SEC or Big 10 type assistant you were probably clipping coupons. Now low level position coaches at almost any power 5 program make more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespid View Post
        It is difficult to get a good football coach because the good ones have something that you can't measure in the traditional way. Sam Pittman of Arkansas and Tom Allen of Indiana have their team motivated week after week. These teams play their asses off for their coach. Why can't some coaches that are so called football gurus get their players motivated? I don't have a point of reference to intelligently answer that question. But the word TRUST comes to mind.
        That might be it because after JG’s second pick 6 against Kentucky the season ended

Comment

Originally posted by clintonaldo View Post
          He ain’t going to make it either. I joke a lot about him but it’s surprising to me.

Chip will get the axe also.

Harbaugh isn’t great

Transitional Lens Dickhead is struggling.

Sam Pittman is elite as a first year coach.

Why is it so hard to have a good coach ?

I dont understand why we dont hire someone from our coaching tree.

Oh I forgot we dont have one.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by autumnleafvol View Post
            I dont understand why we dont hire someone from our coaching tree.

Oh I forgot we dont have one.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
            Sure we do. Randy Sanders.
            sigpic

Comment

A lot of it is everybody is doing a slight variation of the same thing with slight variations of the same players. Aside from the top 1 or 2 or 3 programs having clearly dominant talent, everybody else is swimming in the same pool and it's all gonna be who happens to be hot that year. With the proliferation of quality, in depth, free information available on everything from offense/defense systems to strength and conditioning programs most kids are coming out of high school so much more skilled and developed and the systems are so homogenous there's just a shit ton more parity.
              Roscoe tried to miss 'em, but he didn't quite.

Comment

Originally posted by sgvolfan View Post
                Sure we do. Randy Sanders.
                Fuck Randy Sanders. Bring me Pat Washington.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[NOTICE: I am NOT the "real" Mallon Faircloth, a Tennessee football great from the 20th century.]

Comment

Originally posted by aadicof View Post
                  A lot of it is everybody is doing a slight variation of the same thing with slight variations of the same players. Aside from the top 1 or 2 or 3 programs having clearly dominant talent, everybody else is swimming in the same pool and it's all gonna be who happens to be hot that year. With the proliferation of quality, in depth, free information available on everything from offense/defense systems to strength and conditioning programs most kids are coming out of high school so much more skilled and developed and the systems are so homogenous there's just a shit ton more parity.
                  Would you say at this point the defense knows what the offense is doing within 1-3 variations of plays.

Comment

Would you say at this point the defense knows what the offense is doing within 1-3 variations of plays.

Maybe not that precise, but close. But defense has evolved to be less static and predictable too. So much happens after the snap now most people would be surprised a bunch of overpaid PE teachers can come up with it.
                    Roscoe tried to miss 'em, but he didn't quite.

Comment

Herman not killing it at Texas is shocking to me. Believe Frost will given the time to get it going at Neb. Harbaugh is the biggest mystery, maybe more to do with the progression of his weirdness.

Comment

Really surprised at Chip Kelly at UCLA...figured he'd copy the same formula he used at Oregon...speed speed speed...tempo tempo mpo....spread option type football. Doesn't seem to be doing that at UCLA.

Comment

Originally posted by coachwatch View Post
                          Herman not killing it at Texas is shocking to me. Believe Frost will given the time to get it going at Neb. Harbaugh is the biggest mystery, maybe more to do with the progression of his weirdness.
                          It’s year 3 and Frost is having worse losses in an easier conference.

I forgot to mention Herman. Texas is absolute chaos.

Comment

I'm not asking for much...I just want someone who can get good effort every game, and can take his'n and beat your'uns, and take your'uns and beat his'ns.

Comment

It is slow slogging for Frost for sure. They love him there and he will be given more time than anyone else. Feel like he will get it done in the end.

Comment

Nebraska won’t win again until they go back to B12..... they totally abandoned their traditional recruiting grounds to go to the dickhead Kevin Warrens conference

Comment

Texas is 5-2. What would we give to be as bad as Herman's bunch?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeff1vol View Post
                                    Texas is 5-2. What would we give to be as bad as Herman's bunch?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                    Have you watched them play ?

Comment

Originally posted by awinatl View Post
                                      Nebraska won’t win again until they go back to B12..... they totally abandoned their traditional recruiting grounds to go to the dickhead Kevin Warrens conference

B12 was a great football conference. The Texas Prima Donna's ruined it.

Comment

Chip giving Oregon all they can handle and that’s down 11 players

Comment

Working...
                                        X